Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where did that orange juice go?

Oh it's on the windowsill.

I have a cold, hence the orange juice.

Once again I've neglected this blog. I could blame it on the cold, but that is a lie. I will however blame it on Penny Arcade Crap, I shouldn't have reopened the page, it's like crack.

On the good news side of things I'm in This Week In Ravelry Since the breaks between stanzas got a little messy I'm re-posting the Villanelle here

Learning to Knit
a found villanelle, lines found in an instructional knitting book and the forums on Ravelry.com

To knit a stitch, insert the right needle into the first stitch on the left needle
Garter stitch is formed when every stitch of each row is knitted
Will I ever learn to purl?

It is important to knit with the proper tension or gauge
Work up a swatch and pin it out without stretching it in any direction
To knit a stitch, insert the right needle into the first stitch on the left needle.

When I do a gauge swatch, I get 3.5 stitches per inch instead of the recommended 4.
My swatches LIE LIKE DOGS (not bitter, not bitter, not bitter)
Will I ever learn to purl?

Sometimes a dropped stitch may go unnoticed and form a ladder.
Dropped stitches, however, are easily corrected or picked up.
To knit a stitch, insert the right needle into the first stitch on the left needle.

I'm not sure I know what ladders are!
I really want to learn how to catch a dropped stitch with a crochet hook
Will I ever learn to purl?

I avoid using DPNs at all cost.
Using a circular needle is much easier.
To knit a stitch, insert the right needle into the first stitch on the left needle.
Will I ever learn to purl?


And now I'm off to read some more Penny Arcade and drink the rest of this orange juice.

No comments: