Monday, February 25, 2008

Making up for last week

Last week I was hiding, and making a pair of lovely fingerless gloves, which I will post a picture of later.

So here is the Happy List I was supposed to post last Wednesday:
5 completely random things that make me happy:
*Converse shoes at Target.
*Finishing a knitting project, wearing it, and having a complete stranger compliment it.
*Ben and Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream
*Really good lotion
*Singing Avenue Q songs with your best friend while stuck in traffic.

Thursday I was going to post something called "Thursdays are for things that drive me crazy" but then I got distracted by something shiny: thumb gussets. So...

It drives me crazy when you are working a pattern in a book, and the author uses an abbreviation which they do not define. I had to set my work down in the middle of a row and look it up on knittinghelp.com.

By the way "Thursday is for things that drive me crazy" will probably be a regularly scheduled event

Saturday Melly and I went to the DMA to see the J.M.W. Turner Exhibit and it was lovely, and it will tip me back towards an A in my lit class.

Sunday Rage of The Week:
Saturday Feb 23& Sunday Feb 24

"Weekend Project:
Bond with your bad girl granny!
Your grandmother will be thrilled and delighted when you reach out and treat her like a bad girl friend. Be sure to take notes. You'll not only be laughing a lot, you'll be learning a lot.
*Sneak her cigarettes and bourbon
*Ask her to tell you all of her secret bad girl desires.
*Join her knitting circle and teach her friends to knit skimpy bikinis.
*Help her set up her computer and keep it running smoothly.
*Ask her to tell you that "I was a lesbian once, during the war" story again.
*Take her and a few bad friends to a racy movie, or badder yet, Chippendales.
*Road trip with her to Vegas!
*Give each other home perms.
*Swap dirty jokes.
*Swap pick up stories, tips, tricks, and techniques."

Now it is Monday, and I am fairly certain that this is the longest post I have made in this blog so far.

Melly - I changed the comment settings so that you can leave one if you like.

So now onto my next new regularly scheduled event: Monday Mania, where I tell you about something I'm going gaga for!

This week I'm all about bamboo knitting needles. for a long time I thought they were over priced and blah blah blah, and then I cast my newest project onto a set of bamboo circular needles, and I am in love with the feel of them.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Its so cool to get as little peek into whats going on in your life. An english major huh? I've been debating turning english myself. give me a call and lets discuss.

Carat said...

sure thing on the phone call sweets, I'm usually available after 12:30 during the week when is a good time to call you?

Candice said...

Ben & Jerry's half baked = the shiznit.

Your knitting is getting me all worked up. I'm inspired. Show us some pics!